Kell's Reading Realm

Life is short, read fast!

Kells

The Way I See It: A Look Back at My Life on Little House

The Way I See It: A Look Back at My Life on Little House - Melissa Anderson I got this book at the same time I got Alison Arngrim's book and since it was a lot shorter I read it first and finished it quite quickly. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. Most of the book was just a rehash of the plots of the Little House episodes she was featured in with a few extra tidbits here and there. It did bring back a lot of memories of watching these episodes but the book read more like a movie commentary, you know where the director or one of the actors just gab while the movie is playing. Those aren't all that interesting and I am sorry to say this book wasn't either. The script like sections were really distracting too and I had to force myself to read and not just skim them.

Both Alison and Melissa Gilbert mention that Melissa Sue Anderson was not well liked and I hoped that she would explain why they felt that way but she mentioned absolutely nothing about not getting along with the other crew (although she did throw in a few jabs at her co-stars now and then so it wasn't like she was taking the high road or anything).

Still, if you grew up watching the show and want a quick recap of the episodes featuring Mary, then this is a quick read.