Kell's Reading Realm

Life is short, read fast!

Kells

My Shadow Warrior (Macdonell Brides Trilogy)

My Shadow Warrior - Jen Holling Got this book late yesterday and stayed up today until I finished it. I couldn't put it down. I am probably one of the rare ones out there who never knew paranormal romance existed. Set in 1597, this book is about Rose MacDonell, a gifted but frustrated healer, who decides to beg help from William MacKay - a reclusive Scottish laird who is renowned not only for his ferocity but also for his healing powers, to help her father who has a mysterious illness.

Sounds like it could be corny but it is far, far from it. Nothing in this book made me roll my eyes. I loved every minute of it as I became quickly invested in the two main characters and those around them.

There are two other books in the series of the MacDonell sisters, this being the third. I had worried that I might be lost reading the last book before the others but I took a shot anyway because the synopsis on the back of the book grabbed me. So glad I did. Now of course I need to go find the other two, although the heroes in that book will have a lot to live up to after reading about William MacKay. :) Looking forward to reading more by this author. Highly recommend this book to those who like historical romances and/or paranormal romances.